Cisco recently released its forecast of growth of global IP traffic. Here is a summary of the latest trends from Cisco and other sources.
IP Video Traffic
- Video traffic is expected to grow by 73% by the year 2021.
- If predictions for 2021 are true, it would take 5 million years to watch all the video that will cross global networks each month.
Internet Video Surveillance
- Internet video surveillance is expected to increase sevenfold by 2021 and will most likely represent 3.4% of all internet video traffic.
- By 2019, video surveillance is expected to reach a market value of $42.81 billion.
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
- The list of AR and VR applications is growing and traffic for these applications are expected to increase by 82% by 2021.
- If calculations from a new A/V Reality Report are accurate, Mobile AR is predicted to become the major reason behind a $108 billion VR/AR market by 2021.
- Video-On-Demand (VOD)’s traffic is expected to double by 2021.
- VOD is expected to reach a worth of $74.81 billion by 2021.
As IP traffic grows, so do KenCast product and services, which ensure that digital content reaches its destination. If you are interested in reliably delivering digital content by terrestrial or satellite networks, please contact us at email@example.com.
After mixed year, mobile AR to drive $108 billion VR/AR market by 2021. (2021, January). Retrieved August 3, 2017, from http://www.digi-capital.com/news/2017/01/after-mixed-year-mobile-ar-to-drive-108-billion-vrar-market-by-2021/#.WYOCyoTyuUm
The Global Commercial Drones Market. (2016, January). Retrieved August 1, 2017, from http://www.strategyr.com/MarketResearch/Commercial_Drones_Market_Trends.asp
Global Video on Demand Market. (2017, January). Retrieved August 3, 2017, from https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/video-on-demand-market
SSL Staff. (2014, May 15). Report: Video Surveillance Market to Reach $42B by 2019. Retrieved August 3, 2017, from http://www.securitysales.com/news/report_video_surveillance_market_to_reach_42b_by_2019/
Trends 2017. (2017). Mindshare, 07. Retrieved August 1, 2017, from https://www.mindshareworld.com/sites/default/files/Mindshare%20Trends%202017_2.pdf.
The Zettabyte Era: Trends and Analysis. (2017, June 7). Retrieved August 1, 2017, from http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/visual-networking-index-vni/vni-hyperconnectivity-wp.html